If you get included in the blogging meme: copy/paste the questions and instructions into your own blog then fill out your own answers. Share on twitter tagging 5 friends.
1. How did you attend the #Edchatnz Conference? (Face 2 Face, followed online or didn’t)
Face to face!
2. How many others attended from your school or organisation?
It was just me.
3.How many #Edchatnz challenges did you complete?
I had the best of intentions but I think I only ended doing one selfie. I just got so caught up in all the awesomeness that was happening around I completely forgot about the challenges.
4. Who are 3 people that you connected with and what did you learn from them?
I loved seeing @geomouldey
in action teaching in the afternoon on Friday – it gave me a much better sense of what teaching and learning looks like at HPSS. It also gave me the motivation to take the plunge and completely hack my own timetable and teaching units. I attend the conference along with my mother @majessti
and it was really awesome to spend time just reveling in our shared pedagogical geekery. I got a lot out of just talking things through with her – especially about the SOLO Taxonomy. I also met @boonman
who helped me realise that some times you just have to take a leap of faith and @akeenreader
with whom I’m now starting to organise EducampWelly for 2015.
5. What session are you gutted that you missed?
I really wanted to get to @geomouldey
‘s session on Creativity but @rosmaceachern
‘s session on her journey as a teacher at HPSS won out (an was awesome).
6. Who is one person that you would like to have taken to Edchatnz and what key thing would they have learned?
I would have taken one of my DPs, or my principal, or both. I think they would have been amazed and totally inspired to continue on the journey we’re starting as a Building Learning Power school with renewed vigour.
7. Is there a person you didn’t get to meet/chat with (F2F/online) that you wished you had? Why?
I really would have liked to have a chance to talk to @missdtheteacher and @mrs_hyde as I ahve had awesome conversations with them on #edchatnz before.
8. What is the next book you are going to read and why?
9. What is one thing you plan to do to continue the Education Revolution you learnt about at #EdchatNZ?
One thing? That’s hard. I’ve already done so many things since last weekend. Introducing SOLO and creating cross-curricular models and hacking up the timetable in my class a la HPSS are a couple of things I’ve already done this week. I may have been chanelling @geomouldey‘s excited puppy! I’m also trying to make more of an effort to connect with others on twitter more, as I can be a bit shy about it sometimes.
10. Will you take a risk and hand your students a blank canvas?
Already have baby!
Who will I tag with this meme:
I think most people have already done it by now, but just in case: